VisitShanklin Media Unit with the help of Shanklin Town Council have produced a vibrant Promotional Video for the annual historic Shanklin Regatta, to assist in expanding the profile and to best illustrate why this event that takes place in August each year, needs your support and needs local sponsors to keep it going. The event in 2012 was captured in a full day shoot with 2 separate camera and audio units.
The 162nd Shanklin Beach Regatta has been moved form the 8th August 2013 to 15th August 2013, so please be sure to put that one in your diary! Based on last years programme, events run from 10.00 am until approximately 10.00 pm. Key timings inlude:
- Sand modelling competition from 10.00 am
- Woggle the Wizard at 11.15 am
- Artist competition 12.15 pm
- Sports events on beach from 1.30 pm
- Swimming events on beach from 2.00 pm
- Helicopter Search & rescue display – 3.00 pm approx
- Shanklin Regatta Queen – after Helicopter display
- BBQ on pier apron from 6.30pm
- Live music on Pier Apron – from 7.00 pm
- Grand Firework Display – Once dark approx 9.30 pm
The event also showcases the The 61st ‘Pier to Pier’ Sandown to Shanklin Sea Swim starting adjacent to Sandown Pier at 2.15 pm, finishing 1¾ miles later at Shanklin Rowing Club adjacent to the old Shanklin Pier Apron. There are 120 swimmers (approx) that will register to take part. The date is TBC but check out more info here!
Help us to promote the Resort by sharing this video and inviting your friends and family to visit soon!